Handling a Move During a Divorce
Top Divorce Lawyer
If you and your spouse have made the decision to end your marriage, there are a variety of ways the whole event may have transpired. It can be hard to endure a divorce that is completely free from any sort of conflict. If things ended poorly, not only will you have to manage the legal process with the help of an attorney, you may also have to handle a possible move. Chances are, when you and your spouse decided to separate, one of you moved out of the home. Despite this, you will still have to go through the life you once shared and begin packing it away for your move. Here are some tips for enduring a move with your ex:
- Make sure that legally, you and your spouse have determined how assets will be divided.
- It may be a good idea to wait until your divorce has been finalized to move.
- Have a support person help you gather your belongings and begin packing
- Obtain the services of a moving company
- Begin collecting boxes early on
- Carefully pack fragile items. If you have hired movers, it may be a good idea to move fragile items yourself.
- Have a clear plan with your spouse for whether they will be present during the move and how the process will be managed between the two of you.
Taking the time to plan and negotiate your move, may help to make a stressful and uncomfortable process easier.
Moving Company Services
Accessing the services of a moving company can help you to check one more thing off your list. Regardless of which spouse is moving out of the home you once shared, having a moving company can help the process move as quickly and efficiently as possible. The last thing any divorcing couple wants to do is spend a lot of face time together while enduring the legal process. A moving company can help mitigate some of the stress you may be experiencing during a time that may be filled with a number of emotions:
- Movers can offer a variety of services that can be suited to fit your specific needs. They can completely pack and move all of your belonging so that you don’t even have to interface with your ex.
- Movers are skilled in that they can move your belongings carefully to prevent any damage from coming to your belongings or the home you are moving from.
- Most moving companies can store your items for you in case you have time in between places.
- A reputable mover often comes with certifications and insurance.
- Someone else can do the heavy lifting for you.
Whether you are moving across town or across the country a moving company can help make the process run smoothly. When faced with divorce, you may be adjusting to a multitude of changes in your life. A moving company can be one less thing you will have to worry about.
A divorce can become legally contentious very quickly. Dividing the life you shared with your partner can be difficult. It can be hard to decide who will keep what. Sometimes, feelings of anger can surface causing one or both people to hold a grudge. This can make it incredibly difficult to handle a divorce. The last thing you may want to deal with is a move. Fortunately, moving companies in Philadelphia, PA offer services that can help you move through the process with ease. Not only can this help your move go faster, it may reduce the time you must interface with your spouse.
Thank you to our friends and contributors at Suburban Solutions for their insight into moving and divorce.