After divorce or during separation, you’re likely trying to eliminate the stress and hassle of moving by finding reputable Washington DC movers. There are a number of disreputable moving companies out there. Don’t let yourself be allured by the promise of cheaper rates. Usually this will result in your furniture being damaged or worse, lost or stolen. By working with a reputable and well known moving company you can feel confident knowing you are in the best of hands.
Tips to Find the Right Mover
It can be a bit nerve racking to pack all of your worldly possessions into a truck and move it from one place to another. If you are moving somewhere fairly close to the home you once lived in, you will be relieved to know that this anxiety will be short lived. The following are important considerations that should be made when you are on the hunt for a reputable moving company like [Insert Moving Company]:
- Check online reviews. You can even contact the Better Business Bureau to find out if any complaints have been filed against the moving company you are considering.
- Never pay the total bill upfront. You risk the prospective mover taking the money and running.
- Inexperienced movers will probably not wrap your television and other valuables appropriately when you are moving.
- Always ask for them to provide you with references and a price estimate for the work that they will be doing.
- Make sure that you find a moving company who holds insurance in the event of an accident.
Packing to Protect Your Valuables
One of the most helpful tips when packing up all of your possessions when it comes to moving is rather obvious. The better you pack, the less time it will take, and the cheaper it will be. Because most moving companies charge by the hour, the more prepared you are for the move, the faster movers will be able to come in and relocate your possessions. You will also want to take extra care when packing up your valuables or fragile belongings to ensure that no damage becomes of it. Packing can get old after awhile. Some people are excited by the organization that comes with packing at first. However, it can be challenging to stay motivated the closer you get to the end of the line. There will be some things that are easy to pack. Things like clothes, books and linens are far more difficult to damage than other, more fragile types of belongings. Moving to another space can be hard when you have a number of fragile items that will need to be moved to your new home. You will want to be sure that you have taken the appropriate steps to keep your belongings from any damage. Here are some helpful tips for packing up your home or office space when you are moving:
- Inventory all valuable property. This will help you to keep track of your property and also help in locating them when you have moved to your new home.
- Keep track of your valuables and where you end up packing them. When moving, you will want to carefully pack fragile items and keep them close to you through the moving process.
- If you choose to use a moving company such as [Insert Moving Company Name], you should take pictures of your fragile or valuable items in the event that they are damaged during the move.
- Use quality-packing supplies. Although this is an added expense that many do not want, using the right supplies to pack your valuables will be vital in preventing their damage. Use items such as sturdy boxes, bubble wrap, and tissue paper.
- Some of your more expensive valuables or personal belongings should be kept on your person. It is recommended that you transport any jewelry or precious items to your new property to prevent anything from happening to them.
After divorce or during separation, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Let a reputable moving company, like Suburban Solutions, take some of the stress out of starting another chapter in life. Call movers who provide moving services that can be tailored to specifically meet your needs.